Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Winter Fun

It was time to make some new paintings for school, Christmas was gone and I had to paint again something with a winter theme. I painted on the two glass panels at the main entrance a little stove, red hot, with a bit of smoke and a sleeping cat on a pillow on the other panel.
I owe you the photo's.
Then due to a lack of time a sick kids I painted on both sides of an A3 poster so that I can just tape it to the glass panels of another door.

I painted a red robin as I just love their attitude, very very inquisitive and cocky.


a close-up:
I painted the body of the robin with gold and copper which created a beautiful effect



And I painted a penguin on the other side:
The falling snow was done with a natural spunge



This penguin must be a Jackass penguin from South Africa as all the others live in the Antarctic and are used to cold weather.


2 comments:

Scrap-joy said...

Hoi Monique
Zojuist heb ik je blog bekeken.
Jeetje, wat ben jij creatief zeg. En dan ook nog eens op zo veel verschillende gebieden.
Volgens mij zitten er bij jou heel wat meer uren in een dag dan bij mij. Hoe krijg je het toch voor elkaar om zo ontzettend veel te maken? Erg leuk om eens te zien.
Groeten Hanny.

groeten Hanny.

monART said...

Hallo Hanny, bedankt voor je berichtje :) - het lijkt allemaal zoveel omdat het over een paar jaar is hoor. Mijn dag heeft ongelukkig maar 20 uur in voor mijn gevoel.Zoveel leuke dingen om te doen dat is toch maar een "probleem" als mens creatief bezig zijn leuk vind.Je weet er alles van. Groetjes Monique