Tuesday, 11 December 2007

The Green swap:Woo-hoo!


I've joined the green swap and these were the

"Details of swap: Send your swap partner a beautiful tote so she can throw away all her plastic bags! You can either make the tote, or buy one (so even those that can't sew are encouraged to join) and add some 'life' to it!
Minimum of one tote to be sent.
You are more than welcome to send extra goodies. (They are always appreciated)
The 'best' tote (voted by the participants and viewers) will receive a little gift.
Please use the 'green swap' button at the top on your blog/site (if you have one) so others can join in
".


Before sending out the bag it was possible to enter the bag in a competition.
I've sent my swap partner a bag I've sewn with a bag pattern from morsbags. Really really good tutorial for beginner sewers like me. (Morsbags by the way also promote cottons bags and not using plastics as it is terrible for the environment) I've painted the bag and the zebra with textile paint and used the dots I wanted too. I think I'm in a zebra craziness ;-)

Today I got a mail congratulating me that I'm the winner!
In my absolute stupidity I added the green swap link to my favourites but didn't refresh it when I visited so I never saw the part you can vote for a winner! Aaaaah I love voting and Never would've seen who won. I assumed all is done by mailing or will be added later on....

Well so now it says on Farhanna's blog:

"Congratulations! You did an amazing job!And of course, every winner needs a prize. You get to enjoy a $20 web shopping spree. There is a few limits though, it must be a handmade item (or items) or/and any 'green' item(s)."

wow, wow and I have to throw in a 3rd wow!
Thank you Farhanna, and all the voters and all the ladies making their lovely bags in the swap.
Go green and don't use plastic bags but support crafts by buying yourself unique and green bags ;-)

1 comment:

Sketched Soul said...

Hello my dear MonArt,

Congratulations! You really did do an awesome job!

I hope you had fun shopping.

Look forward to having you join us in future swaps. We should have coming up late January.. I send you details.

Please take care
Love Farhana