Friday, 25 March 2011

Starting out on my journey of mixed media

One of my best friends celebrated another birthday of hers and I wanted to make her something special. I started out on my first job in The Netherlands and prayed for a colleague friend not knowing how to find one and where to start. The Lord very soon after connected me with a German colleague that started the same month as me and she turned out to be a christian, spoke fluent English, also married a Dutch guy like me and will be a friend for life.
I've used podge, pearl liner, Acrylic with and without glitter and words from a calender I've bought in South Africa on a visit to my parents a couple of years ago. I is painted on a canvas board.
The heart is very special (like in all relationships), I found it between my memoires and it was drawn by my 8 year old when she was age 4 or 5.

No comments: