Wednesday, 26 March 2008

March Competition

The March competition at Crafty mamas:
"The lovely Lissy Lou has kindly hand crafted and offered up a prize for March's competition! Lissy is giving away a Steiner inspired handmade toy pack, including this beautiful Waldorf style doll and cotton play cloths. "
Lissy's blog
Lissy hand makes these to order, pm her for more details or email adminATcraftymamas.net

"So, how can you win this great prize....??'Create an heirloom for your child, a toy that will stay with them for a lifetime'Lissylou will be selecting a winner for this competition, and will shortly post a few of the qualities she will be looking for in a winning entry.Good luck!"

As we were seriously moving this month and shuttling between two houses while packing and getting the new house in order, I wondered what I'd do.

Well,I took the drawings again of the girls and decided to make door hangers for them.

I've started with DearDaughter 5yrs drawing
the princesses she draws are all over the house: boxes, little cards, books, used envelopes, etc. and it is typical as she likes to dress up and become a princess when she's a grown-up. This pic she drew last week. I found it on my desk. It is the new house. Her room is top right. I guess she is watching from it and me and her sister are below.

tried and copy her drawing exactly(ball hands and pointy shoes the works!) apart from the embellishments.
  • I've used felt for her body and crown

  • stuffed her head with cotton

  • used cotton thread for crocheting and embroidery

  • her (dread) locks are pure virgin wool

  • hand painted wooden beads

  • metal bell

at the back on her dress:

  • wooden buttons

  • self covered metal buttons with Japanese canvas fabric


She's aprox 15-17cm and will hang in dd room. Something to enjoy forever.



Remember this one?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

She's gorgeous. You are so clever. I love reading your blog :) March has just flown by :O

Congratulations on the pregnancy too :D

CarrieM said...

That is one pretty princess M! I love your daughter's drawing as well--and I think you have captured the image well!