Thursday, 11 October 2007

a horse called Bea

The past 2 days I gathered all courage and tackled a farbenmix pattern, the 2nd one, called Bea. I embelished it with crocheted flowers at the back and one at the front I made while watching the girls play on the beach at the Rhine river this past Summer.

If you don't know if you'd try out the pattern yourself, please don't base your decicion on my version of it. But have a look at Peppels Design 's. Hers is absolutely adorable. I've made a calculation mistake and a common sense mistake. I've cut 2 right pockets (don't ask) and trying to right my wrong I ended up with 3 right pockets (don't ask). That left me with no pocket at all! And no fabric left to make the utter cute hood (snif!). I also cut 2 right arms (don't ask) and ended up cutting 4 front arms so as to still make it work....

But in all of this decided that as a beginner I can't suspect miracles where I'm concerned and that I just get back on the horse after every throw. Poor Horse Bea, it is not her fault. Her stable mates: Sscissors, MeasureTape and SewingMachine were silent witnesses and could just shake their heads and avoid eye contact. Well, the story does end well. Nobody got hurt and DD7yrs loves it. DD5yrs cried because I didn't make HER one too....
I think we may be looking at a sequel here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peppels is cute but so is yours! Just love the crochet flowers.

Vi said...

Mon...are you sure you are a beginner sewer? lol I really wouldn't think so...it's so lovely...great job!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely top! The crochet flower is gorgeous too!.

I am very envious of the fabrics available to you in the Netherlands for children's clothing. I have never seen a fabric like that here in Australia.