Thursday, 19 June 2008

Isn't it lovely


On the 17th my husband and I was married for 9 years.

We didn't plan anything as next year is the first decade celebration and we're in the middle of renovating here.

I decided to make him a very nice dinner as his love is definitely influenced by what goes in his stomach

I made his favourites


  • fresh spinach cooked and dressed with gorgonzola and sliced boiled eggs

  • endive (boiled) dressed in a jacket of ham and then topped with a white cheese/ham sauce, crumbs and old cheese and in the oven

  • oxtail stew with brown button mushrooms

  • mixed chopped baby lettuces (don't know their English names but more than just butter and ice) with balsamic/garlic vinaigrette and chopped baby radish

He didn't expect it an dived into the dinner and luckily I didn't make any starter and only bought a Ola Viennetta ice for dessert.

Husband came home with this beautiful large bouquet with lilies(5 different ones), which are my favourite and was in my wedding bouquet and and 2 poppy seed things (I adore poppies). The special thing was also the agapanthus which is called here in The Netherlands South African Lily ooooooooooh I had to cry! A pity the photo isn't that good.

Oh and I'll show you my WIP crochet blanket I'm making for baby nr.3. I've decided to add 10 more blocks, 5 on each sides before bordering it and adding picots


1 comment:

Faerynuff said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have enjoyed reading your blog and have added it to my favourites :)

I got married on the 17th June too! But in 2000.