Monday, 30 May 2011

Kyla reversible dress

I've been wanting to make this dress for a couple of months. Every time I started out I ran into the print sizing. I've been making e-patterns for some time now and didn't have any printing issues until I ran into this one. I still don't know why. It doesn't matter what I click or "un" click it just didn't want to work out. I've been mailing the author and probably made her crazy cause she can't look into my head and my printer. She tried her best but to no avail.

Today I felt it was a good day to tackle the pattern and printed it and made the size 4 pattern for my skinny 2 year old. It seemed to work out perfect. Very neat solid patter, good explanation for a pea brain like me. If I can't visualize something I'm struggling.

Normally I choose very bold colors and prints but this time I've kept it small. It looks cute though the photo's aren't clear enough so I'll have to make some close-up photo's with my camera cause I've used my phone for these. I was too lazy for the camera :)

I've used two stenzo prints but used a thrift store fabric for example on the border.
I didn't want to cut up my other fabrics.

Again the print in the reversed side isn't that clear. Sorry.
I've made a little application on this side so that the bias band repeated somewhere else on the dress:

No comments: